Disclaimer: This post was developed in partnership with Similac. All opinions are my own.
Parenting can be a tough job especially when you have picky eaters. If the truth is told, I am a picky eater too so it is no wonder that my son is the same. Now that he is a toddler, and we are working on introducing him to different types of foods. Although that may be a worthy parenting move on our part, it can be a difficult process. We frequently watch the wave of disgust overtake his sweet little face when he bites into something that he finds unpleasant. Since we are in the middle of this interesting stage of toddlerhood, I am researching products to figure out what would be the best thing to give him. I do not want him missing out on the vitamins and nutrients that his little body needs for development. He is already a small child and still wears some 12-month-old clothes.
Being that we are experienced parents with older children, I know there was one brand that I could definitely trust, Similac. Similac has been around for a long time and is a widely trusted company. If I am looking to give him the best nutrition like I did my other children, I have to buy the best. That is where the Go & Grow by Similac products come in. These products are specifically designed for the toddler, and they have over 25 essential vitamins and minerals to support growth and development.
One of the first Go & Grow by Similac products we tried was the Toddler Drink. As I had mentioned earlier, our son is small and still wearing clothes from when he was younger. Now that we are not on formula, I need a milk that will help him grow and gain weight. As a family that is on the go all the time, we chose to try out the pouches. Each box contains 16 pouches which will make eight 8 oz drinks. We simply combined two single serve packets with eight ounces of water in a sippy cup.
You might be wondering if he liked it? YES! He loved it, and he likes to give me pouches whenever he wants a drink. I even took a little taste and found that is tastes like a vanilla milkshake.
What I love even more about these pouches is that I can take them with me. Anytime he needs some milk, I am ready thanks to these convenient and easy to use pouches.
Go & Grow by Similac Toddler Drink
- Each 8-fl-oz serving has over 25 vitamins and minerals
- Each serving has at least 30% Daily Value* of iron, calcium, and vitamins C & E
- Has OptiGRO™—A unique brain- and eye-nourishing blend of DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E
- Unflavored, NON-GMO† Sensitive NON-GMO†, and Vanilla available in cans. Unflavored, Non GMO and vanilla also available in stick packs.
- Is Gluten-free
In February 2017, the CDC reported that 9 out of 10 children between the ages of 2 and 18 do not eat enough vegetables. I am certainly not surprised by this, and if you have been in the grocery store you will see the effects of that in the foods we buy and purchase. So many items are now being made with vegetables in an attempt to help people get those in daily. That’s why my husband and I made a vow to introduce our children to both fruits and vegetables at an early age. We did not want to lose any time getting them exposed to foods that we felt would be good for them. Similac gets this! That is why the leader in infant nutrition introduced the Go & Grow by Similac Pouches with OptiGRO. Each pouch has 3-4 servings of combined organic fruits and veggies and OptiGRO nutrients to help meet daily recommended fruit and vegetables.
With a variety of flavors available, these pouches are available for both babies and toddlers. Go & Grow by Similac Pouches are Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, contain no fillers, artificial flavors or colors and are gluten free. As a momma, I am one happy lady with this news! It is a product that I can feel good about giving my pride and joy! Does he like them? Seriously, do you even have to ask? Of course, he does! His favorite is the Pear, Blueberry, and Spinach one. It is the perfect combination of flavors that gives him the right amount of flavor. To be honest, the entire family loves the pouches incusing our 18 year old!
Go & Grow by Similac Fruit & Vegetable Pouches
- DHA- like that found in fish, for toddler’s developing brain
- Lutein- like that found in spinach, for eye health
- Vitamin E- like that found in broccoli, for growth and development
- Toddlers transitioning to table food can be unpredictable eaters. Go & Grow by Similac Pouches with OptiGRO are a convenient way to help them squeeze more fruits & veggies into their day!
- Proper nutrition is the foundation for a healthy life for toddlers, and ideally, every toddler would happily gobble up nutrient-rich foods like broccoli and sweet potatoes. But in reality, it can take a while for certain foods to appeal to kids.
- Abbott created new Go & Grow by Similac Pouches to help babies and toddlers squeeze more fruits and vegetables into their day. Each pouch has 3-4 servings of combined fruits and veggies, at least 1/3 the daily recommended servings for your toddler.
- Similac products are based on the latest science and innovation, and Go & Grow pouches are no different. Each pouch has OptiGRO, our blend of 32mg of DHA, lutein and vitamin E that supports brain, eye and overall growth and development.
- Go & Grow by Similac Pouches are Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, contain no fillers, artificial flavors or colors and are gluten free.
- Pumpkin, Banana, Carrot Puree
- Sweet Potato, Apple, Carrot Puree
- Pear, Blueberry, Spinach Puree
- Mango, Pear, Spinach Puree
- Butternut Squash, Pumpkin, Banana, Carrot, Spinach, Broccoli Puree
- Mango, Sweet Potato, Pear Puree
- Mango, Apple, Butternut Squash, Spinach Puree
- Apple, Butternut Squash, Banana, Blueberry Puree
Go & Grow by Similac can be found at your local Walmart. For more information, please visit http://wm6.walmart.com/Go-Grow-Similac?adid=trm-ABB_G3114-Soc-blog-GoGrowPureYa
Earn money back with Ibotta with the purchase of any size of Go & Grow by Similac® Mix-Ins™
Now that you are equipped with the knowledge to get those vegetables and fruits in your toddler’s diet, how about taking some time to enjoy the moments you have created and shared with your bundle of joy. Right now you can enter to win a custom photo book from Walmart and She Speaks Up. You can find out all the details here. Enter by July 25.