Captain Underpants is Coming to the Big Screen

I love my job!  I have been an elementary school teacher for 20 years.  During that time I have come across several authors that have made their way into the hearts of my students and me. From J.K. Rowling to Lemony Snicket, the excitement of reading and escaping to another place has created a generation of readers.  I can’t even begin to tell you just how many times I have to tell students in my classroom to put the book away.  Seriously, if I had to tally up in a week all the different “behaviors I have to deal with, telling kids to put a book away during instruction would be rated high.  We have such an avid group of readers at my school!

Dav Pilkey, the author of Captain Underpants, is one of their favorites, and I can’t wait to share with them that their beloved character is coming to the movie theaters June 2.  DreamWorks Animation and 20th Century Fox have released the first trailer for CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: THE FIRST EPIC MOVIE! Based on the worldwide sensation and bestselling book series and starring Kevin Hart and Ed Helms CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: THE FIRST EPIC MOVIE tells the story of George and Harold, who hypnotize their principal into thinking he’s a ridiculously enthusiastic, incredibly dimwitted superhero named Captain Underpants.

I know my students are going to love this movie!  Truth be told, so am I!  Did you ever have a favorite children’s author?  Was there a book that you wanted to come to the big screen?

Social Media Connections

Facebook

Dreamworks Animation

Dave Pilkey

19 thoughts on “Captain Underpants is Coming to the Big Screen

1. kage2015 says:

Captain Underpants sounds like a fun book. I will have to ask my son if he has heard of this author and book. He turned the grandkids on to those cat books that all this kids loved.

2. Vera Bortolotto says:

This looks adorable! I love watching animated movies with my kiddos. Spending quality time and watching a fun movie. Cant wait for it to come out.

3. Jacqui S says:

This looks like it’s going to be fun! I’ll have to show this to my nephew and his girlfriend for their daughter. Although, my teen son may find it funny too. lol

4. Stephanie Jeannot says:

Awww. It sounds like such a cute little movie. Yes I do love finding movies and books for young people. Makes a difference when they end up loving it.

5. Rebecca Swenor says:

Captain Underpants The First Epic Movie sounds amazing for kids. I am going to have to share this trailer with my sister and nieces for their children. Thanks for sharing the review on this awesome movie and for sharing the gift of reading.

6. Mrs. Emma Spellman says:

Oh my. I remember reading this books to my baby nephew who is in his 20’s now. We would laugh quite and bit and this brings back some memories. I will have to share this with him and see if he remembers.