Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood, Alice Cooper Style

peter and the wolf

So, now what?

How would like for the legendary rock icon Alice Cooper to read a bedtime story to your child? I, for one, am excited about this adventure! As a teacher, I am always looking for ways that I can engage my students academically through music and literature. It is a bonus when they come together in an app!! Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood is a brilliant immersive storybook that engages both young and the young at heart!

The man known for crazy antics on the stage has worked with Giants Are Small to bring Prokofiev’s 1936 children’s classic alive once again through an interactive musical.  Children will find themselves immersed into  a world where Peter must save Hollywood from the wolf!

We held an awesome party to celebrate this app!  Check out our pictures below for all the fun!

About the Story

The untold prequel to Peter & the Wolf, set in modern day Hollywood.

Newly orphaned Peter flies from Russia to Los Angeles, to stay with his aging hippie grandfather who works for a Hollywood movie star. Finding it hard to make friends in his new home, Peter instead forms friendships with the creatures around him, including a duck and a bird! Peter finds the chance to become a hero when a wolf escapes from the zoo. Peter is unafraid and figures out an ingenious way to catch the wolf.

50 minutes, hundreds of handmade visuals, 8 games and more! Check out the iPad Deluxe Version of the Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood app! Follow the link below

Disclosure:  This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mom Select.  No compensation was received for writing this post; however, materials were received to throw a Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood party.  All opinions presented are 100% mine.

Images from Mom Select and Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood website.

36 thoughts on “Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood, Alice Cooper Style

1. momknowsbest15 says:

Sounds like a great movie to see with my younger boys. I dont remember this one from my childhood so I want to see it too.

2. Elizabeth O. says:

I really think this is an awesome program to be a part of and I appreciate the fact that Alice Cooper participated! It’s a great way to encourage kids to read as well.

3. sparkofsouthernmoms says:

I loved the story of Peter and the Wolf as a kid. I like Alice Cooper as well and having him read the story is awesome! I like his voice!

4. Kathy says:

This sounds like a great story. This would be something great for my girls to see. I always loved this story when I was little.

5. Tina says:

I grew up with Peter and the Wolf!! What a great experience this is for kids! And Alice Cooper? He’s the best! He’s my neighbor and I see him often. The first time I saw him was in an elevator in Las Vegas and he had a snake around his neck! Since then he has become “just like me” (except when he’s performing) and he’s an all-around-good-guy! It’s wonderful that he has put this together for children of all ages!

6. Elizabeth O. says:

It’s amazing! I really love the theme and the treats look great especially the cake! I’m sure the kids had fun and it’s good to have an app like this during the summer.

7. mskathykenny says:

This is amazing having someone like Alice be the one to read to the child. It’s really definitely unique.

8. Rosey says:

So many cute ideas. I love that wolf cake. I’d love to taste test it too, but that’s besides the point.🙂

9. Chrishelle Ebner says:

What a modern twist to Peter in the Wolf. I can totally see Alice Cooper as narrator. Love your kick off for the app party. Love how you titled your cake a pinterest fail, I have had many of those.