Father’s Day Gift Ideas

Father’s Day is June 19th, 2016 and it is right around the corner! It’s time to start planning what thoughtful gift you are going to give.  What about a watch?

I am not a big watch wearer; however, I absolutely love the way they look!  The main reason I can’t wear them because I have an allergic reaction to the metals used in them.  If I put one on today it just feels strange since I have not worn one in many, many years.  Regardless of my watch fate, the good news is that the men in my life are not affected by this “allergy” and watches look great on them.  Over the years they have become somewhat of watch connoisseurs.  They have quite a collection of watches that they wear for many different occasions.  That is why I knew they had to have this new trend I had been reading about online for the past year-wooden watches.  Now I know that might sound strange, and perhaps you have yet to hear about them.

Jord Watch specializes in wooden watches.  These beautiful hand crafted, one of a kind watches, are stunning!  Crafted from natural woods like Maple, Bamboo, Koa, Zebrawood, and Sandalwood, these watches stand out for their pure artisan workmanship.   We selected the Delamar series dark sandalwood & Blue Carbon wood watch.  She is a stunning beauty!

So why would you want to get your father or that special man in your life one for Father’s Day?  Doesn’t your loved one deserve a unique gift? Consider purchasing a JORD wood watch.

Here are my top 5 reasons why you would want to buy your cherished loved one a JORD atch.

1. Just like there are no two trees that are exactly alike, no two watches from JORD are exactly alike.
  2. Wood comes from sustainable trees throughout the world.
  3. Watches are hand crafted.
  4. They offer a 12 month warranty.
  5. And the best reason, they are made right here in the United States of America (St. Louis, Missouri).

Jord Watch

Jord is a collective of artists, designers, and seasoned watchsmiths. Every watch series is planned with the expectation of delivering visible craftsmanship and unyielding utility.  Each watch style is guided by a deep appreciation for natural elements and modern design.  Wood is not just a component of their watches, it is the main feature.  The intricacy and multiplicity of the woods that Jord utilizes in their designs insure that each watch is as distinctive as the owner.  Jord owners don’t just have somewhere to be, they have somewhere to go. They believe their watches tell more than time.

Want some more unique and creative ideas?  My Pinterest board has a wide variety of ideas that involve children and little money.

Wooden Wristwatch

Disclaimer:  Jord Watch sent me a watch in exchange for this blog post and review.  No other compensation was received.  All opinions are 100% mine.

22 thoughts on “Father’s Day Gift Ideas

1. Nicole Dziedzic says:

The Jord watch is a perfect unique gift for any dad, i got one last year for my husband and he loved it so much, they offer great selection of styles and they come boxed in a wooden gift box.

2. Julie Wood says:

The Jord watch is gorgeous and would be a great gift for my Dad or son. And the Mantry box looks incredible. Dad could get some food sent to him on Father’s Day. I will have to remember these ideas for my Dad’s birthday!

3. shelly peterson says:

I love these watches, they are so unique. My son and son in law have one and they get lots of compliments on them.

4. Pamela Gurganus says:

I love these Jord watches! I’d really like to get one for my husband, and honestly, I’d love to have one for myself too! They’re so classic yet unique looking!

5. Rebecca Swenor says:

These Jord Wood Watches are indeed an awesome gift idea for any father for Father’s Day. I really love the one that you chose. The color of the wood and the blue are gorgeous together. Thanks for sharing the idea.

6. Paula Hogsed says:

They look so unique, I don’t think i’ve ever seen watches quite like these. DO they keep time well?

7. Elizabeth O. says:

Jord is a really cool watch and I’m sure a lot of dads will love it. I really like the fact that it’s so unique thanks to the wooden design. That makes this watch even more special.

8. Lexie Lane says:

I’ve heard a lot of great reviews about Jord watch. I love this one, every Jord watch is unique. I also love their 12 months warranty!

9. Nicole Escat says:

I’ve never heard of Jord watches but I feel excited about father’s day, I hope I can find a Jord watch in our local store.

10. Danne Reed says:

This is a great idea especially for people with allergy issues. Thanks for sharing this, I am going to check more Jord watches.