Easy Lasagna Recipe

I am not a cook!  Being in the kitchen is just not my favorite activity!  Oddly enough though, I love to watch Alton Brown.  I think he is absolutely fascinating.  I kind of live through him as a chef.  Anyway, back to the post….this summer I made a promise to myself and my family that I would try to start cooking more instead of eating out.  Goodness knows we spend a small FORTUNE eating out several times a week.  As a matter of fact, that is where my money is going.  Here is an easy recipe for lasagna.  Trust me, if I can do it…anyone can do this!

1.5 pounds lean ground beef
1 32 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
12 cooked lasagna noodles
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 (15-ounce) container cottage cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons of oregano
2 eggs
1/4 cup hot water

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.  Be sure to drain when done.  Return to stove and add in spaghetti sauce.  Simmer for 5 minutes.

In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, 2 teaspoons of oregano, and half of the grated Parmesan cheese.

To assemble, begin with lasagna noodles and cover the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.  Then evenly spread 3/4 cup of the meat mixture and then add in 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture.  Be sure to spread it out evenly.  Then repeat the layering process two more times.  When done you should have three lasagna noodles left over.  Layer those on the top.  Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Add 1/4 cup water to the edges of the pan. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I have plenty of washclothes and some old cloth pot holders and oven mits I have been using for years.  I noticed that they do not always work well.  I have had to double them up just to get the protection I really needed when taking some off the stove or from the oven.  As you can imagine, when you take this out of the over it will be HOT!  Thankfully I was able to test out some new pot holders from Pratipad.
 Pratipad Multipurpose Silicone Pot Holder are absolutely WONDERFUL!  I was really thrilled to see just how much these things worked.  Check out my video below.
Pratipad Multipurpose Silicone Pot Holder allow you to easily grip anything you need to:  jars, baking dishes, pots, etc..
They are multipurpose!  Use them as a pot holder, trivet, jar opener or anywhere you need extra grip or extreme heat or cold protection.
They are designed to withstand temperatures from -40°F to 446°F .
You can add them to your dishwasher for cleaning.
Each set comes with 1 purple and 1 grey pot holder.
They also offer a lifetime guarantee.  You’re protected by a non-hassle free replacement guarantee.
Honestly, these are a great investment!  Check them out here to order!  You will not regret this purchase!

37 thoughts on “Easy Lasagna Recipe

1. Karon says:

You are speaking my language! I don’t like to cook either, and, like you, we spend a fortune eating out. I’m also trying to cook more, so this will be a good place to start.

2. Julie Wood says:

This really is an easy and delicious recipe that I will have to try. We love Italian food at our house, and I always like cooking meals that are fast!

3. V33JG says:

I like that cook and prep time is a bit faster/simpler than recipes I’ve seen. I’d add a little heat to give the meat a little kick!

4. Julie Wood says:

We love Lasagna at our house, and I think that this recipe is very easy to make, and looks so delicious. I am going to make it!

5. Julie Wood says:

I am making this easy lasagna recipe this Sunday. We love lasagna and this is a nice recipe to use. Thanks for sharing!

6. Julie Wood says:

I like this recipe because it is so easy to make and looks so delicious. I really like your recipe. Thanks so much for sharing.

7. Julie Wood says:

Your lasagna recipe looks so delicious, and I will be making it soon. It is so easy and I like the silicone pot holders. I do not have these!

8. Julie Wood says:

I love Ricotta Cheese and Parmesan Cheese in my lasagna and this is such a great dish to prepare ahead and have later!

9. Julie Wood says:

Very nice Lasagna recipe that i am making this weekend. I have all the ingredients and this is going to be so delicious!

10. Julie Wood says:

I like the easy Lasagna recipe that I am going to make tomorrow. I like how easy it is to make. And I can not wait to taste it!

11. Julie Wood says:

This lasagna was the best tasting I have ever eaten. I made it yesterday and it was very delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

12. Julie Wood says:

This is such a delicious recipe! I will always make sure to make this recipe whenever I have lasagna again! Thanks for sharing.

13. Julie Wood says:

I love this lasagna recipe and will make it again because it was a hit on Sunday. So easy to make. Thanks for sharing.

14. Julie Wood says:

I love this lasagna recipe, and made it last Sunday. I really appreciate you sharing this recipe with your followers!

15. Julie Wood says:

I love this lasagna recipe and think it is such a good recipe to try out for a quick filling healthy dinner. My family wants me to make it again!!

16. Rosie says:

I love this lasagna, it sounds like a good trick to put a little water on top, to help keep it moist. The silicone pot holders are perfect for this big, heavy pan!

17. evelynchuter says:

This sounds so good! We love this dish at my house, but I’m not much on cooking either. I have to cook since my 2 grandchildren came to live with me. I will try this. It seems easy and fast. Thanks for sharing it!

18. sallygg says:

I’m ashamed but I’ve never made a homemade lasagna!:/ I love to cook but I’ve just never tried. I think today is the day to change that! Thank you for an easy recipe, looks delicious!🙂