Set Sail on the Titanic

Did you know that Friday, April 15 marked the 104 anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic?  What a sad day in the history of our world that we would have lost so many people to this tragic and unfortunate event.  Each one of those individuals has a story, and those stories deserve to be told.  That is what the Titanic exhibit is about.  It is about remembrance.

Recently I had the unique opportunity to check out the Titanic exhibit located in Pigeon Forge.  This event was like no other in that we were given special treatment.

549289_1077836622229865_7081423121460270033_n

Upon arriving to this one of kind attraction you are greeted with an historically accurate view of the White Star Line station.  It is a half-scale replica of front half of the Titanic.    Costumed crew members greet you at the door and provide you with a boarding pass of one of the 2,208 passengers of the Titanic which help to make this experience one of a kind.

titanic-tour-card01

titanic-tour-card02

The museum offers a unique and unusual way to transform you back in time to that fateful night on board the Titanic.  Guests are provided an audio remote device that hangs around your neck.  You use this device to learn about the Titanic, it’s crew, and passengers.  It makes learning about the Titanic more engaging.  They even have kid friendly audio tours available.  Simply punch in the number for the area you are at and enjoy learning.

With over 400 artifacts housed in this museum, you will get to tour this “unsinkable” ship through the eyes of a passenger or crew member.  Get a “feel” for what it was like to construct this magnificent ship as you learn how this beautiful ship came to be.

11269828_10155622579865611_3379133088806360666_n

Discover what a third-class cabin looks like or watch as the water rushes down the stairs toward you.  See what a luxurious first-class cabin looked like and walk up the Grand Staircase that was constructed using the exact blue prints from Harland & Wolfe. Talk with the captain on the bridge and learn just how the “unsinkable” ship sank on that fateful night.  Experience what 28 degree water feels like or the wall of an iceberg.

11422029_10155688106805611_7798246235619272574_n

The museum also offers a variety of interactive exhibits including a station where kids can send an SOS or the chance to steer the Titanic away from the iceberg.

One of the parts my family enjoyed in particular was the area where you get to experience what it would have felt like to be on deck as the Titanic came closer and closer to sinking.  These replicas showcase three different levels of degree as the ship became upright.  You really will feel like you might “sink.”

You end your tour in the Memorial Room.  Here you will learn the fate of your assigned passenger.  Without giving too much away about my passenger I was the only one to survive the sinking from my group of four.   It was a very moving and sobering experience as you gaze upon the wall of the names of those that perished.

Special Note:

Due to Federal Copyright Laws and to protect the artifacts, taking pictures inside the museum is prohibited.  You will be given the opportunity to have a family picture taken inside for later purchase.  You are also instructed to turn off your cell phone prior to entering the museum.

Want a great MUST SEE attraction in the Great Smoky Mountains? The Titanic Museum, located in Pigeon Forge,  is a fantastic family friendly attraction that everyone should experience.  Be sure to make the Titanic Museum Attraction a to do on your Great Smoky Mountain Vacation! Check out Titanic photos here.   My family enjoyed our visit and look forward to going again.

Social Media Connections

Titanic Museum Attraction Facebook

Titanic Pigeon Forge Website

DISCLAIMER: I was given a free passes for my family to review this attraction in exchange for my honest opinion. Many thanks to the Titanic Museum Attraction for allowing us to come.

Images taken from the official Titanic Museum Attraction website and Official Facebook page.

39 thoughts on “Set Sail on the Titanic

1. Nicole Dziedzic says:

I have personally always been so fascinated by the Titanic! I have seen several shows on the History channel, the movies, and even books. The Titanic Museum would be incredible to see and get up close with what it was like. Very fun and something i would enjoy with the family.

2. Sandy Cain says:

OMG…….! If I told you how many times I’ve seen the movie Titanic, your jaw would drop open! This is a DEFINITE place to see. I’m the King of the World!

3. sherry keef says:

I would love to see this, I know it has to be awesome if It is a half-scale replica of front half of the Titanic costumed crew members greet you at the door for ticketing.

4. Julie Wood says:

This would be an experience to see the Titanic and what happened during the voyage. I would love to take my family to experience this.

5. Marti Tabora says:

I would love to visit there, it looks like so much fun. I find the Titanic really interesting anyway so I’m sure I would love it.

6. Nicole Dziedzic says:

This Titanic Museum sure does offer quite the learning experience for the kids, great way to go inside a replica and be apart of history in a way.

7. Nicole Dziedzic says:

I love that the Grand Staircase, and that it was constructed using the exact blue prints from Harland & Wolfe! Very cool!

8. Julie Wood says:

I would love to see the history and story behind the Titanic and take the experience where I feel the ship sinking. I would probably get very scared!

9. Nicole Dziedzic says:

I love that this has interactive exhibits including a station where kids can send an SOS or the chance to steer the Titanic away from the iceberg! Very cool for the kids!

10. Julie Wood says:

It always makes me sad to see and hear about all the people that perished that fateful day. I have seen the Titanic movie, but I am sure that it does not come close to what happened to so many people. I think that going to the Museum would be interesting.

11. Julie Wood says:

there are 400 artifacts in the Titanic museum, and I would love to go and see them and experience what happened to the people on this fateful day!

12. Julie Wood says:

I would like to Discover what a third-class cabin looks like or watch as the water rushes down the stairs toward me! I feel sad for all the people who lost their lives that fateful day. I find that I would love to explore this museum.

13. Nicole Dziedzic says:

Interesting to know that there site has free downloads for wallpaper for your computer desktop, live Titanic webcam to get a 360 view of the ship, and they even do Titanic weddings.

14. Julie Wood says:

This Titanic tour would be amazing to go and experience for a once in a lifetime. I would love to see all the exhibits!

15. Julie Wood says:

I would like to Talk with the captain on the bridge and learn just how the “unsinkable” ship sank on that fateful night. Experience what 28 degree water feels like or the wall of an iceberg. It had to be pretty scary and awful for all the people that day, and it is so sad that not all of them survived!

16. Nicole Dziedzic says:

Awesome to have the experience of what it would have felt like to be on deck as the Titanic came closer and closer to sinking. So cool!

17. Yvonne H. says:

Wow, what an interesting place! This looks like a tour would love to take my family. I know my hubby & sons would really enjoy it.

18. Nicole Dziedzic says:

I love how this tour replicas showcase three different levels of degree as the ship became upright, as you feel how it would feel if you might sink. Kinds scary to see how it would feel but interesting.

19. Julie Wood says:

I would love to take a tour, check out all the sites and see just a little bit of how these survivors made it out. I am sad for all those who lost their lives!

20. Julie Wood says:

I really know that I want to see a Titanic tour and learn all about this boat and the people that were aboard that fateful night!

21. Julie Wood says:

I want to take a titanic tour someday and see how the sites and exhibits and see what happened on that fateful night!

22. Julie Wood says:

I want to take a Titanic tour and find out everything I can about this big ship that had a tragic accident and see what happened that night!

23. Birdiebee says:

I have seen movies as well as documentaries on the Titanic and find that this bit of history is very fascinating. I would love this museum.

24. Julie Wood says:

The History behind the Titanic is amazing and I would love to see all the exhibits and see what happened that fateful night!