You know it is HOT outside and what better way to get relief than by visiting a waterpark! Schiltterbahn Waterparks & Resorts is a great place for families and the perfect place to seek relieve from the rising summer temperatures.
Waterpark Tips for Frugal Moms
Taking kids to a waterpark can be a lot easier – and you can be frugal too. Schlitterbahn saves mom’s budget by offering free parking, free life jackets, and families can bring in an ice chest of food! Food prices are reasonable and healthy options abound.
Toddlers and Tweens in Tow
Schlitterbahn is designed to have something for every age – inland surfing on the boogie bahn is very doable with a lesson or two, splash zones are designed to be safe for the littlest guests. With free life jackets and kids tubes even cautious moms can feel safe.
Green before Green was cool
Schlitterbahn, which was born on the banks of a river, has always been a steward of the water in the park. 98% of the water is recaptured, filtered, and reused all season. Our new resort in South Padre is built out of wood reclaimed from the wildfires that took place in Austin.
Schlitterbahn has been part of hundreds of thousands of great memories for guests – what are your favorite memories at the park?
Waterpark Survival Tips
1. Swim shoes or flip flops – Schlitterbahn parks are among the largest in the nation, and that means that invariably there will be some hot spots without shade or outdoor carpet. Wear some sort of water worthy shoe.
2. Suncreen – Water rides remove the best in sunscreen. Apply, ride, repeat.
3. Pack a lunch – Schlitterbahn allows ice chests, but no glass or alcohol. Make sure to pack some favorites but leave room for park specialties like funnel cake and turkey legs!
Schlitterbahn Fast Facts
1) Schlitterbahn New Braunfels is our flagship park and is America’s #1 waterpark for 17 years and has won awards for the best waterpark, best waterpark ride, and best new ride.
2) Schlitterbahn has been the birthplace of nearly every waterpark ride innovation including the world’s first uphill water coaster and the inland surfing ride, the Boogie Bahn.
3) Every park has a claim to fame:
* New Braunfels: World’s longest tube ride; America’s Favorite Waterpark
* South Padre: World’s first Transportainment system where interconnected rivers are queue lines for rides.
* Galveston: World’s favorite indoor park
* Kansas City: Midwest’s longest tubing adventure, and home to the World’s Tallest Waterslide
Social Media Connections