The Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes was a magical! Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to see these famous dancers in person! I can recall many Thanksgiving mornings at my grandparents house watching them kick to the sky it seemed during the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade. I was always in awe! Thanks to a contest I was able to win tickets to this show at the Cobb Energy Centre. All I can say it is does live up to it’s name–SPECTACULAR–and I left there in the Christmas spirit!!!!!
Thankfully this was my year! After winning some tickets through another blog I follow, I was able to fulfill one of my childhood dreams! I have to tell you it was all I could have wished for! What was truly marvelous was that this show was nearly in 3D. The way that things were set up just made you feel like you could reach out and touch it! I was amazed!
My favorite scenes were the Toy Soldiers, Rag-dolls, and the Living Nativity! I just fell in love all over gain! If you ever get a chance to see them in person, GO! You will not regret it! I hope that one day I can see them in the Big Apple!
Here was the set list for the performance:
- “Sleigh Ride” – Through the snowy mist of a magical Northern Forest, the Rockettes are revealed as Santa’s reindeer, intent on flying to New York City.
- “Santa Flies to New York” – A 3-D animated scene involving Santa’s sleigh ride eventually arrives at the Radio City Music Hall.
- “The Twelve Days of Christmas” – Santa brings up the Music hall curtain on a rhythmic, rousing version of the beloved carol.
- “The Nutcracker” – A sparkling new look at the Christmas classic – a cherished story of childhood dreams coming true.
- “The Parade of Wooden Soldiers” – An updated version of the original parade.
- “New York at Christmas” – The Rockettes board a customized double-decker bus for a whirlwind holiday tour of Manhattan.
- “Department Store” – Santa meets a young girl and her mother who are searching for a certain hard-to-find gift.
- “Here Comes Santa Claus” – How does Santa do it year after year? He can be everywhere at once!
- “Closer Than You Know” – The girl and her mother visit the North Pole, the home of Santa’s busy workshop and find the gift.
- “Santa’s Video Game” – Humbugs have kidnapped the toys from Santa’s workshop. The Rockettes embark on a journey to save Christmas.
- “Closer Than We Knew” – The mom and daughter are reminded that sometimes the best gift of all is right there all along.
- “Snow” – The stage is transformed into a glistening winter wonderland as the Rockettes shine like never before.
- “The Living Nativity” – The beautiful and inspiring story of the first Christmas – told in pageantry, music and scripture.
- “Joy To The World” – Lend your voice as we celebrate the arrival of this happiest of seasons.